I’ve spent the last two nights unraveling a store bought sweater. It was a Land’s End “Drifter” sweater, 100% cotton, that gave me armpit webbing. Here’s a shot of my progress as of a few hours ago.
I used part of an old folding tv tray that had been disassembled for the hank winder. I just walked around the house for awhile until I found something that would work. The cassette is shown for scale. I have 6 of those hanks now, full of cottony goodness.
I am going to make some summer tops out of this stuff, because I need some thin cotton that is wearable in hot weather. The recycled yarn will be getting a bath soon to work out all the kinks, and when it dries I’m going to start on one of these.
It also makes a lovely crown.